How do I get help with a problem or request service from the Town administration?
You have several choices:
1.use our online Online Service Request form
2.consult our departmental directory, find the appropriate phone number, and call
3.visit the Westville Civic Building (Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), and inquire at the front desk
How do I license my dog?
Dog licenses are available each year. Proof of rabies vaccination and, if applicable, proof of spaying/neutering are required to obtain a license. Licenses are available at the Town Civic Building.
Where do I obtain a Building Permit or other planning related information?
For information regarding Building Permits or Planning please phone 1-902-755-1390.
Who collects garbage in Westville?
Garbage is picked up by a contractor. Property owners are responsible for arranging for regular collection from their premises and for providing sufficient receptacles.
Where do I pay my Town taxes and water bills?
Payment can be made though your banking institution or by mailing payment to Town Hall. You can also make payments in person at Town Hall.
What shopping and services are available in Westville?
Physicians, dentists, are all located within Town. Imaging and lab services are also nearby. As well mainstreet offers restaurants, banks, clothing, and grocery shopping.
Are extensions given on Utility Bills?
A due date will be established for payment and if not paid services will be disconnected.
What do residents do for animal control?
Call the Town office at 396-1500.
1. ADOPTION OF THE 1977 NATIONAL BUILDING CODE
2. ADOPTION OF THE 1980 NATIONAL BUILDING CODE
3. ADOPTION OF THE 1990 NATIONAL BUILDING CODE
4. ADULT ENTERTAINMENT & MASSAGE PARLOUR PROHIBITION
5. AUTOMATIC MACHINES (3)
6. BOARD OF POLICE COMMISSIONERS
7. BONUS ACT (THE)
10. CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
11. CIVIC ADDRESSING BYLAW
12. CIVIL EMERGENCY PLANNING
14. COUNCIL MEETINGS
15. DESTRUCTION OF DOCUMENTS
18. FIRE DEPARTMENT
19. FOODSHOP REGULATIONS
20. HERITAGE PROPERTY
22. MINIMUM HOUSING STANDARDS
23. MOBILE HOME PARK
25. ORDER FOR EXTENSION OF THE TIME LIMIT FOR ADOPTON OF A MUNICIPAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN
26. ORDER FOR EXTENSION OF THE TIME LIMIT FOR THE EXPIRATION OF THE ZONING BY-LAW WESTVILLE BY-LAWS
27. PEACE AND GOOD ORDER
28. PICTOU COUNTY DISTRICT PLANNING COMMISSION
29. PICTOU COUNTY DISTRICT PLANNING COMMISSION INSPECTOR (CORRRESPONDANCE)
30. PICTOU COUNTY SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT
31. PICTOU COUNTY TRANSIT
33. POLICE COMMISSION
34. POLLUTION CONTROL CHARGE
35. PUBLIC SEWER
36. RECREATION COMMITTEE
38. REGIONAL EMERGENCY MEASURES
39. SEWER HOOKUP
40.STREET CLOSING - NORTH MAIN, OLD COWAN STREET, REID STREET
41. SUB-DIVISION REGULATIONS
42. SWIMMING POOL
43. TAX EXEMPTION (PARTIAL)
44. TAXI LICENSE
45. TOWN PROPERTY
46. TREE COMMITTEE
48. UNSIGHTLY PREMISIS
49. Payment of Infrastructure Charges By-law
50. LAND USE BY-LAW
51. MUNICIPAL PLANNING STRATEGY
52. GENERALIZED FUTURE LAND USE MAP*
53. ZONING MAP*
* The viewer is cautioned that this map may have been amended since posting. For confirmation, the viewer is advised to contact Town Planner, Roland Burek, MCIP, LPP, at 902-752-4476.